Thursday, March 30, 2006

Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!!

I cannot believe she actually said it! She did! And this morning I felt the profound revelation in the words she spoke - "Morning Comes Early"

I remember walking in the middle of the road on a rainy night thinking to myself. Wondering more likely. It was cool but not cold. The sky was dark but not frightening. I was headed home from a college graduation party of the older sibling of a friend. What did I want to be when I grew up. A doctor, a lawyer, a vet, a magician? All seemed so appealing. Wouldn’t anyone of them look great on a resume. Wouldn’t they look even better as part of a personal ad? “Busy Single Doctor in need of companionship.” Too damn lazy to go out and actually meet people. Too smart to sit in a bar and get picked up. Too successful to be lonely. It is amazing how titles dictate perceptions. I myself would find the Attractive Single Magician intriguing. That is the one I would respond to. Yet which one would I write?

My personal ad –
Divorced 41 year old procrastinator seeking… Wow. That is where it would stop. I don’t know what I would be seeking. That is a tough one. I guess I am seeking nothing from someone else. I don’t want to be alone forever. I don’t consider myself alone now. Why is it that my friends find this so hard to believe? Why can someone only be happy if they are in a “relationship”? I am actually happy when I am alone. I came to terms with my “oneness” after my separation from my now ex-husband. A relationship the lasted over two decades, starting in 10th grade.

I think Chuck Norris has the answers to all of life's questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home